I'm fretful that if postponed more than two weeks it will run into the time I was supposed to start at Awesome Craft Brewery I'm Making a Weak Attempt Not To Publicly Name. It's already eating into the time I was planning to use to get situated. ):
Additionally, the California Maritime Academy is informing those people they've accepted during this month, and my friend Maureen already got a notification email, so I'm ALSO neurotically checking my email. Clearly I need to get out and do something!
And what's better than not getting paid to do anything? Not getting paid to go sailing! The boat I worked on for most of 2010 happens to be just leaving the area so I'm going to hop on as an unpaid volunteer for a week!
It just so happens that when I worked on her we sailed all the way from the US border with Canada down to Oakland, California (and a lot of places in between), and in other sailing adventures I've sailed pretty much everywhere on the US Coast south of Oxnard, and next week the Chieftain will be conveniently bridging that gap, sailing from Oxnard to Oakland!!
Also there is a poll you should vote in!